Family Friendly DNS
Last updated on 29 May 2019
“Policy”) describes and provides information on how Family Friendly DNS LLC (hereinafter –
“FAMILY DNS”“FAMILY DNS”,
“us”) gathers your personal data while you are using the Family Friendly DNS application (hereinafter –
“App”) as well as on how such data may be used. This Policy also describes the rights and choices available to you in regards to the information collected.
We may amend and/or update this Policy from time to time. We will notify you by a pop-up on the application or by other means deemed fit in advance of any considerable changes being made to this Policy.
In case of any questions related to this Policy or means of collecting your personal information, please contact us at: [email protected].
APPLICATION USERS’ DATA
The Family DNS App is an DNS changer application allowing its users to filter out and block hazardous, malicious and corrupting internet websites. The DNS servers used within the Application are controlled and provided by third-party DNS providers, while the Application acts as a tool allowing you to set up and make use of such DNS servers in a simple and swift way.
For the purpose of providing you with access to the Application and ensuring its intended performance, we must collect a limited amount of your personal data related to you and your device:
- The type of operating system used;
- Device’s charging state;
- Device’s battery status;
- Network information regarding the type of connection used on the device (ethernet, wi-fi, etc.);
- Your IP address.
The personal information listed above is collected solely on the basis of your explicit consent, given to us by you accessing and/or using the Application. The information collected is limited to what is strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the Application and does not include any sensitive personal information.
In case of your communication with us via e-mail, we will also collect your e-mail details and the information within such correspondence in order to provide you with a response and assistance with any issue that you may have. The collection of such information is based on our legitimate interest of ensuring proper and satisfactory communication and user support to the Application’s users.
When you download the Application through its dedicated website we automatically collect certain information about you via Google analytics. The basis of such data processing is based on our legitimate interest of analysing and improving our services.
In order to be able to deliver our services, we use data storage provided to us by our service providers (data processors). Such providers are obligated to keep your data secure, not disclose your information to any third parties and do not have the right to access your data for any purpose bar data storage.
Other than our data processing service providers, we will not share, disclose and/or entrust your personal data to any third-party except if:
- The disclosure of your personal data is requested by law in order to comply with an order of a court, to enforce our rights under an agreement between as, otherwise protect the rights of our company or its stakeholders.
- We receive your request or authorization to do so.
- Such disclosure is necessary for our agents to function on our behalf.
- It is necessary to address and emergency.
DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
The personal data we process as a result of your use of the Application will not be stored for a longer time period than necessary in order to provide you the Application’s services.
All your personal data that we collect and/or process is subject to high level of care on our part. For this purpose, we take measures, such as updates, testing and/or restriction of access, in order to ensure that your information is being kept in a lawful manner and with a high level of care.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
You may choose to exercise any of the following rights related to your personal data by contacting us at [email protected]:
- Right to delete. You have the right to request us to delete the personal data that we have collected about you. We will satisfy such request if: (a) at the time of the request, the data is not needed for the purposes it was collected for; (b) the data is necessary for us in order to comply with a legal obligation or an establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Right to access. You may request us to provide access to your personal data collected by us. Since we collect a limited amount of your data, we may request to receive additional information to be able to identify you, enabling us to satisfy your request. Such information would be used for the sole purpose of helping exercise this right.
- Right to amend. You can request us to edit any outdated or misleading information about you.
If you are based in EEA, you are also entitled the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation:
- Receiving your data in an accessible format;
- Ask to transfer your data to another data controller;
- Limit the unlawful processing of your personal data;
- File a complaint regarding our use of your personal data to local supervisory authorities;
- Where data processing is based on our legitimate interests, you can object to us processing your data if in doing so we breach your fundamental rights and freedoms.
INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive information from children under the age of 14 or any other age requiring consent of a child’s parent or legal guardian. If we process any personal information of a child by accident, we will delete and take all measures necessary to dispose of such information as soon as we become aware of such situation. If you are a parent or legal guardian of child whose information was provided to us without your consent, do not hesitate to contact us so we can take immediate actions in order to stop processing and delete all of such child’s data collected by us.